Wednesday 23 January 2013

Six of Pentacles

Joanne Colbert, creator of the Gaian Tarot leads an e-course on the Wheel of the Year.

She writes, " The awakening of the land from its winter sleep is, of course, a metaphor for the awakening of our own souls.  We will celebrate full-blown resurrection and renewal at Spring Equinox, but this midway point between Solstice and Equinox is a bit more tender. It’s a time when we cleanse and purify ourselves in preparation for renewal. We consider our commitment to our own True Paths, and prepare to make vows and pledges when the holy-day arrives on February 1st.

She offered some questions to help us do some deep work to prepare for Candlemas/Imbolc this year.  The one that struck me was -
• What is it that I am meant to do in this lifetime?

Joanne suggests we pull a tarot card to guide us when we write so I grabbed my Robin Wood Tarot and shuffled.  I pulled the Six of Pentacles.

Joan Bunning says this card is about having/not having knowledge, resources, power.
It can mean teaching, learning, imparting info, supporting, showing, knowing.

The statement she made that I stopped at was "the issues of what having really means".... and "where is the situation leading?"

I'm a social worker, currently working as an employment assistance resource worker for a large city.  I've always wanted to work in adult education but that hasn't worked up 'til now.  I do workshops as part of my job and I definitely enjoy them. 

I'm on the right path but where else could the situation lead?

No comments:

Post a Comment