Wednesday 20 March 2013

Druidry

After my last post, I looked at my spiritual path and as I often do, used Google as a divination tool.

I ended up reading a blog by an ADF Druid, Teo Bishop.  ADF is Ár nDraíocht Féin: A Druid Fellowship.  ADF is an international fellowship devoted to creating a public tradition of Neopagan Druidry.

I'd read Teo's blog before but something in his entry that day made me head to the ADF website and read some articles.  I liked what I read - smart, grounded, researched neo-paganism.  I've dabbled with Celtic Reconstructionism but without a group to attach to, it felt like I was flopping around in the dark. 

ADF's reading list intimidated me with it's "Post graduate level book", "Graduate level reading" annotations on many of the recommended books but..... I do have a Masters degree so.......  I jumped.

I joined ADF and started reading.  It's amazing and scary and good.

Today is Spring Equinox - balance.  I wrote this for SDF's Spring Ritual :

I am 50.  I feel poised between my youth and elder years.  
I’m an Aries, so my birth sign is poised between the dark and light halves of the year.

Spring Equinox is about transformation, the Earth’s and ours.... mine.
I’m starting on a new path, like a tree, full grown and still changing.
I want to grow this year; thrive and grow and produce good fruit.

I’m poised, here at the beginning of the path, seeing the length of days, ready.

Taking small steps, reading through the Dedicant manual, learning and growing.  This is my Spring Equinox. 






No comments:

Post a Comment